Here are the first five quotes (of 30, possibly more) and a little bit more about them, which I’m sharing to kick off revealing content for my first book “Romanse Macabre”.
Originally posted on the Sisters Noire Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/sistersnoire).
1) “Oh God, you’re here to arrest me, aren’t you?”
– Laurence Cade
Drunk, heart-broken, with a head full of dead bodies, we see our tragic hero, Laurence Cade, at his lowest ebb.
2) “I just wanted something simple and ugly with someone complicated and beautiful. Was that too much to ask for?” – Laurence Cade
Laurence Cade, explaining to James what exactly he looks for in a woman.
3) “Maybe I’ve done some bad things in my past.’ She paused. “I have done some bad things in my past. But killing something when you have no idea what it is? How much blood before there’s blood on my hands?” – Amelia Railey
Amelia Railey ponders her morality, especially when it comes to killing Blue Eyes – crazed fast-zombie-esque human beings emerging around the city.
4) “My father – Mr Railey, in the kitchen, with a candlestick.” – Amelia Railey
Amelia Railey, recollecting.
5) Civilian life could not prepare a man for war, just as war could not prepare a man to return to civilian life with its mundane rules & mitigated chaos. A life in mute, running at half speed. – Ithaca Faulker
Ex-soldier Ithaca Faulkner recollects his life adjustments.